for CFD and FEA
CastNet simplifies the usage of CAE solution technologies for open-source solvers: Beside typical text file editing an alternative GUI based way to work with OpenFOAM® is provided, while still maintaining the full compatibility with standard OpenFOAM® releases. As a result a flexible workflow is established and the user may switch between text file and GUI based case setup at any point of time.
The combination of the powerful open-source solver technology with DHCAE’s professional GUIs for case set-up, meshing and monitoring tools results in complete CAE environment that conforms to industrial standards of high-end simulation tools at a fraction of the usual costs for software licensing.
The outstanding features of the CastNet modeling environment are:
- GUI-environment: Establishment of a complete GUI based environment including pre-processing (meshing, case setup), solution monitoring and post-processing. By this: Access to strong open source solver capabilities without editing text files or need to know OpenFOAM®’s keyword structure in detail.
- CAD based meshing: Provision of access to reliable, stable and high quality CFD and FEA meshing based on CAD kernel geometry.
- Cross-platform usage: Support for a flexible environment for OpenFOAM® on Windows and Linux operating systems (local, server, cloud). Exported cases are cross-platform and can be easily moved from one operating system to the other.
- Time effective: Reduction of the time from CAD model to run-ready case in comparison to the direct usage of open source solver technology.
- Simplified multi-purpose usage: Easy case setup for more than 30 OpenFOAM® solvers by the delivered comprehensive template library.
- Reliable simulations: More safety regarding the simulation results by a reliable and stable CFD/FEA analysis with detailed job and convergence control (runGui).
- Compatibility: Always up-to-date and compatible to current OpenFOAM® versions provided by OpenFOAM foundation, ESI and BlueCape (Windows).
- Coupling and FSI: Extending the solution capabilities by coupled CFD/FEA analysis for thermal stresses and mechanical Fluid-Structure Interactions (FSI) with preCICE.
Click on the boxes to find out more.
The videos demonstrate the usage of CastNet on Windows (BlueCFD) and Linux.
- Video 1: Base workflow from CAD import/case setup via job monitoring to post-processing with hybrid meshing for a flow distributor.
- Video 2: Cost-reduction by CFD-optimisation study: Flow into a chimney with CastNet’s CAD model replacements capabilities for Parasolid models.
- Video 3: Setup of a conjugate heat transfer case. Handling of CAD assemblies in CastNet with demonstration of additional meshing feature.
- Video 4: FEA analysis (CalculiX ): Thermal stress analysis based on CHT case results.
- Video 5: Pump modeling for external meshing with snappyHexMesh as optional meshing approach. Model setup without extracting the fluid domain in the CAD system.
OpenFOAM® and OpenCFD® are registered trademarks of ESI Group.
This offering is not approved or endorsed by ESI Group, the producer of the OpenFOAM® software and owner of the OPENFOAM® and OpenCFD® trade marks.
CastNet is DHCAE Tools’ response to a convenient and professional usage of open source solver technology in an industrial environment
We offer professional CFD/FEA-environment at total costs from
Interested? Free 30-day trial!
CastNet feature overview:
GUI, OpenFOAM®, CalculiX
All-round carefree package
for open source solver technology
DHCAE Tools supports the whole CFD/FEA workflow: software additions (CastNet), services, training courses, support and solver extensions.
CFD engineering projects
Here you will find some of our typical engineering projects conducted with OpenFOAM® and other systems.
dedicated simulation tools
DHCAE has extended the renowned CFD toolbox OpenFOAM® to specifically model filtration and spray applications.
DHCAE Tools’ individual support packages
We provide specific software development for non-standard CFD applications and specific workflow integration.
Basic and advanced training courses
We offer standard and individualised training courses for your requirements
We offer a complete simulation environment for CFD, structural analysis and coupled problems with unlimited computational resources in the cloud.
FSI Benchmarks - Examples - Click here
Video 1: Feature and workflow
Video 2: CFD-Optimisation by CAD variants
Video 3: Conjugate heat transfer -CFD part
Video 4: Thermal stresses with CCX based on cht analysis
Video 5: Pump modeling without extracting fluid domain
Now with full support for fluid-structure interactions (FSI) with OpenFOAM-Calculix-preCICE
CastNet Publications and Release updates:
7/2022: CastNet Update: Extensions for preCICE support
5/2021: New CastNet 8.2 release added support for OpenFOAM 8, v2006/v2012 and BlueCFD 2020
4/2020: New CastNet 8 release with native CAD modelling (see video example) and preCICE FSI support
10/2019 : Download paper (pdf): Use of Open-Source Solver Technology for Design-related CFD, Nafems Conference 2019
1/2019 : New Videos: Usage of CastNet for OpenFOAM and CalculiX
7/2018: Announcement coming soon: Enhanced CAD manipulation functionality: Ask for a demo/trial
7/2018: CastNet Update: Support for OpenFOAM 1712 Blue CFD 2017
9/2017: CastNet new release: Support for OpenFOAM 5 (Linux, Windows 10: Ubuntu-Bash) and v1612/v1706, new OpenFOAM-functionality
12/2016: CastNet new release: Support for OpenFOAM 4 (Linux, Windows: BlueCFD) and v1606+, many new meshing feature and new OpenFOAM-functionality
01/2016: CastNet new release: A variety of new solvers and case setup features with templates for an easier case setup is available up to OpenFOAM® 3.0 Release Notes
10/2015: New alternative test environment available via Internet. Direct access with data exchange via drop box and no need to install any software. Just ask for access data.
8/2015: CastNet new release: Improved meshing features and enhanced analysis' features Release Notes
2/2015: CastNet new release: Gui redesign and new features Release Notes
6/2014: CastNet new release: OpenFOAM 2.3 support Release Notes
11/2013: New CastNet version: New case setup environment, strongly improved OpenFOAM usage, Calculix-FEA solver support